If you had sent a payment from your PayPal account, for example, you have sent the payment at the wrong address or the wrong amount. You may be worried about how you can immediately cancel the transaction. While not all the transactions can be canceled after submitting, under certain circumstances canceling a PayPal transaction is possible. How can we do what we will study in this tutorial?
If the payment you have already sent has not been claimed yet, then this is generally the case if the PayPal email you sent the money to does not exist. You may also have the option to cancel the payment and refund back without any associated fees. On the Other hand, if the account holder has not confirmed their PayPal email address, you may also cancel the payment that you have sent. But unfortunately, if the payment has been claimed, the only method of getting the refunds back is to contact the specific account holder and request a refund.
How To Tell if the PayPal Payment has been Claimed?
If you are confirmed that you have sent the funds to the wrong PayPal address, then hope that nobody else currently holds that particular PayPal account. You can tell that whether the payment has been confirmed or not as all the unconfirmed payments will have the option to ‘Cancel’ within the action column of the transaction in the question.
How To Cancel Recurring Subscription Payment?
Unlike one-time payments, that you can cancel the subscription from your PayPal account to prevent further withdrawals.
For example, if you have signed up to a membership website and then decided you could not gain the value for money. In this example, you may jump on your PayPal account and cancel the subscription to the website. While canceling the subscription may sound like a good idea. Ensure that you are ready to give up access to the subscription or the membership content, as many websites will terminate your access once the PayPal subscription is canceled. If you are still unavailable to cancel the PayPal transaction, you can choose Request Money to return your money.
How To Cancel One Time PayPal Payment
If the funds are unclaimed, that means the account holder has not verified their account or the account that does not exist, follow the steps to cancel the payment and have funds returned to your PayPal account.
- Log in to the PayPal account and then click on the ‘Activities’ menu.
- You should watch the list of all the transactions which have occurred recently. You need to locate the transaction that you wish to cancel by email, name, or other means.
- Once you locate the unclaimed or the pending transaction which you wish to cancel, within the Actions column, if the transaction is canceled, you will see the Cancel button. If you don’t see the option to cancel the transaction, this means that the transaction has been completed, and you will need to request a refund from the account holder.
- Then to proceed to cancel the unclaimed transaction, click on the Cancel button.
- It will now ask you to confirm the Cancellation of the transaction before continuing. At this stage, you can also choose the ‘Do Not Cancel.’ Now to cancel the payment, click on the Cancel Payment to proceed further.
- If the Cancellation is successful, you will be then notified in the next step.
After Cancelling PayPal Transaction
After canceling the transaction successfully, the funds will appear back in your PayPal account whether or not the original payment was paid through the bank funds or the PayPal funds. The funds should be returned immediately. If not, then definitely within four days.