What is PAGES file
A PAGES file is a kind of document that is created by the Apple Pages, a word processor and a page layout program for macOS and iOS.it is mainly used for saving the documents like a report, poster, resume, newsletter book, etc. which are created from any blank page or built from a template.PAGES documents mostly include information like text and image formatting but it also contains the tables, graphs, charts, etc.
In actual PAGES files are just ZIP files because they contain not only the document information but it also has the JPG file and in optional a PDF file too which is used for previewing the document. The difference between the JPG file and a PDF file is that the JPG file is used to view the first page only whereas a PDF file is used to view the whole document.
Programs that open PAGES file
How to open the PAGES file
- Make a right-click on the .pages file
- Click on the Save As command.
- Click on the desktop located on the left side of the window.
- Click on the Save As Type in the drop-down menu
- And then click on All Files.
- Add on .zip to the end of the filename and click on Save.
- Double click on the document that you just save don the desktop of your computer.
- You will now be able to see the list if the number of files
- Click on the Quick Look folder.
- Double click on the Preview.pdf file. and the document that opens is the document that was sent.
How to open a PAGES file in Microsoft Word.
As we know PAGES file is an Apple document and Apple documents are not allowed to be opened in the windows so some methods are used to use the pages file on your own windows machine directly without any complications.so here we are with the process of opening it.
- Firstly, make a duplicate copy of the .pages file just in case you got messed up with something.
- Right-click on the .pages file and rename this particular file.
- Delete the ..pages file extension from the file and replace it with .zip file extension.
- Then tap the enter key and save the changes done by you.
- Open the newly renamed .zip file that will be able to open and easily access the pages format content with MS Word, Office, Word Pad.
Convert pages file to pdf, MS Word and others
For opening the pages document in any other application firstly, convert them with the pages app. You can also open the Microsoft word documents and other different file types too in pages.you can convert and open the documents in pages on
Convert a Pages document on iPhone/iPad
- Open up the document that you need to convert
- Then tap the more button which looks like the three dots.
- Click on the export button
- Select the document for your document.
- Select the method of how you want to send your documents such as mail or messages.
Convert a Pages document on a mac
- Open the pages document that you need to convert
- Choose the file option and then go to export and select the format.
- From the popup window that appears you can select a different file format
- Click on the Next button
- Enter the name for your file and then select the location for the file where you want it to export
- Click on export.
Convert a Pages document on iCloud
- Firstly, sign in to icloud.com from your Apple ID.
- Click on the pages button
- In the document manager, click on the More button (looks like three dots) on the file that is to be converted.
- Select a download copy command.
- If your document gets open then click the tools button from the toolbar. Then select the download a copy command.
- Select a file format for your document.the file will start downloading in the browser’s downloading location.