What is AI file?
AI is a sole proprietor file format that is been developed by Adobe Systems. AI stands for Adobe Illustrator Artwork (AI). This is the leading graphic design package, which indicates the standard of the industry, that is (AI).usually the graphic design packages include the files that are vector-based pictures in either of the format EPS or PDF. These kinds of files are generally very small in sizes, yet their sizes of the images are resizable. The main purpose of vector-based images are they are made for drawings, and especially for logos and icons.
AI files store the images as the route that can be resized without losing their quality instead of using bitmap image information. AIT files are similar to AI files but are illustrator template files which are used for making multiple, and identically designed AI files. If your AI file is not an AI artwork file, then it might be a battlefield 2 artificial intelligence file. It has nothing to do with the vector images rather it is a plain text document that holds the characteristics for how the elements of the particular game work. Surely, AI is also a very popular abbreviation for the concept of artificial intelligence, which does not have anything specific to do with the Adobe illustrator.
How to open AI files without the illustrator
If you just need to view any AI file and do not perform any editing on it then to do this task there are lots of programs available that can execute this very well. the default settings to save any AI file in illustrator will directly save the file with PDF file format. This means that you can view these files in any of the applications that are supporting PDF viewing.
- In windows, you first need to change the extension of the file to PDF.
- Then select the file and tap on F2 located on the keyboard.
- Now change the file extension as .pdf at the end of the filename and make sure the change when it gets prompted.
- Now when you make a double-click on the file, it will automatically get opened in your default PDF viewer.
- On Mac no changes are needed to view AI file, you can directly view your file in PREVIEW.
- You can directly view your AI file bu uploading it on Google Drive.
AI files support programs
It can be viewed in two ways:-
Other than Adobe Illustrator many applications are there which can edit the .ai files, some of them are as follows:
- Adobe after effects
- Affinity designer
- Cinema 4D
- Corel Paint Shop Pro
Applications for viewers point of view are as follows:
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Photoshop
How to convert an AI file?
The AI files can normally when opened also be converted the file format into many other similar file formats.
- Firstly, to save the AI file to any one of the formats (FXG, PDF, EPS, SVGZ, SVG or AIT) you should have used the Adobe Illustrator and click on File>Save As
- And if you want to convert the AI file formats like (DWG, DXF, BMP, EMF, SWF, JPG, PCT, PSD, PNG, TGA, TIF, WMF or TXT. GO TO File>Export.
In photoshop to open up the AI file just go to File>Open, and after opening the file it can be saved to any of the file formats whether PSD or something else that is supported by photoshop. However, if you are not willing to purchase or download any dedicated AI file viewer, you are free to convert the file with an online AI converter like Zamzar and with this particular website, you can save the AI file to a number of different image formats like, JPG, PDF, SVG, GIF PNG.
How to edit AI files without the illustrator?
Whenever you wish to edit any AI file without an illustrator, things become a little complex. Generally, there are not many mainstream applications for editing AI files. Mostly it is required to be converted the file along the way. Usually, this process is handled in the application and sometimes needs to done separately.
Problems occurred while editing the AI files
1 Conversions of the files are not always 100 percent accurate.
2 Often there is a loss of layer information.
3 you can not save or export the edited file always in the AI format.