What is TMP File?
The TMP file extension is mainly associated with the Temporary File/Folder. Temporary files, used for the wide variation of the tasks. TMP files got deleted after their purpose has served, but sometimes these files got retained due to certain circumstances.
Software that can Open and Convert TMP Files
1. Temporary File/Folder
2. AZZ Cardfile
3. IMail Server
5. Norton Antivirus Backed Up File
Best Tools to Opening TMP File
1. Microsoft Word:
if you want to open and edit the text documents, Microsoft Word seems a good choice. The text processing program can also open TMP files that include plain text by Microsoft. Microsoft Word itself creates the TMP files to cache the editing status of the present document.
2. Microsoft Excel:
Microsoft Word is meant for text documents, whereas Excel, only meant for any table data. If you think that the TMP file can hide this type of information, Microsoft Excel will provide you the best chance of restoring the particular TMP file.
3. VLC Media Player:
As VLC Media Player supports a very wide range of data types, VLC Media Player has become the most popular solution to play my audio and video files. The application also shows the images, which can open almost all TMP files that feature digital media content.
4. Mozilla Firefox:
Such browsers like Firefox enable the users to open various kinds of TMP files. Specifically, plain text and PDFs, but the specific media content can also get restored in this method. You can also resume the interrupted downloads secured in the TMP file format using Mozilla Firefox and other browsers.
Steps to Open TMP File
If you talk about the TMP file, you mostly wish to open it to restore the file contents or to find the information contained in the file. Even if the file extension creates that impression that the TMP files shall open with a similar tool, then the reality is slightly different. As their respective applications use the TMP files for various purposes, they also consist of various kinds of data, from plain text to images and videos.
It means that you can open the TMP files only with the similar application in which the TMP files were created or only with the program which supports this file type.
1. They were determining the app which created the TMP file.
2. Then Right-click on the TMP file.
3. Open with the Menu
4. Choose the corresponding application for the TMP file.
TMP files can always open using Notepad, but TM [P files can not be human-readable based on the file type.
- Firstly, right-click on the TMP file you wish to open
- Select the “Open” button.
- Select the ‘Notepad” tab from the record of available applications.
- Click the OK button.
Steps to Open TMP file with VLC Media Player
- Firstly, open VLC Media Player
- Then click on the ‘Media’ and then select the menu option ‘Open file’ tab.
- Nest step is to set the option ‘All Files’ and then specify the TMP files’ location.
- Click on the ‘Open’ button to recover the TMP file.
Steps to Restore TMP File
Restoring the TMP file process is not so difficult, in windows computer you need to follow some very basic steps, and your work got done:
- Click “Start Menu Bar”
- Click the “Search” tab
- Type “Filename. tmp” in the search bar
- Hit the ENTER key, and your file got recovered
Steps to Convert TMP Files to Microsoft Word
- Click the “Folder” icon in the extreme bottom left corner of the screen to open the Internet Explorer window.
- Navigate the directory, which includes TMP files. Generally, it is the same directory where you can save the MS Word files.
- Click the “Organize” and then “Folder” and search options to open the Folder Options dialog box.
- Click on the ‘View’ button.
- Then remove the checkbox next to the “Hide apk file extensions for known file types.
- Click on the OK tab to close the dialog box.
- Right-click on the TMP file extension that you wish to convert into Microsoft Word.
- Select the ‘Rename’ button.
- Then Select the complete file name and then delete it.
- Type name for the file, and then add the file extension ‘Docx’ at the end of the filename.
- Open your TMP file in Microsoft Word.