VOB file extension
VOB file refers to Video Object file which is in container format in DVD- video media. VOB files usually contain digital files like audio, video, subtitles, etc. files included in this file format have the.vob filename extension which typically gets stored in the VIDEO_TS directory present in the root of the DVD. Rather than video and audio files 3D models that contain vue objects also use .vob filename extensions.
The VOB file format is based on the MPEG program stream format but with the extra limitations and specifications. the MPEG programs have certain provisions in the form of so called private streams for non-standard data. We can say that all VOB files are MPEG program streams but not all MPEG program stream justify completely the definition of VOB file.
How to convert VOB file to MP4
Method 1:- Convert VOB to MP4 with video converter
Follow some simple steps to convert VOB file to MP4:
- Download and install WinX HD video converter deluxe on your computer.
- Run the downloaded video
- Tap on the video button
- Click on videos and then select the file that is required to import or you can just simply drag and drop the file to the pane.
- Go to the target format section click the video and select MP4.
- Customize the output folder by clicking the BROWSE or codec option.
- Click on RUN at the bottom of the right corner.
- Then the converter will automatically perform the task for you and open the location where your MP4 files are stored in the file explorer for you.
Method 2:- convert VOB file to MP4 online
- Open your web browser and go to media video converter.
- Click on add your files button and the next moment file explorer will pop up and select the VOB file in your computer to upload.
- From the drop-down menu of a “convert to”: click on video>Mp4 and then on convert.
- Once the file is converted you will see success on the screen then click on Download All for downloading the MP4 file.
- Open the downloaded file which is an MP4 file.
How to open VOB file in windows and mac
Method 1:- Using VLC player
- Open the web browser and go on video1an.org
- Click on “Download VLC” button
- After downloading RUN the VLC installer
- Follow the steps to install VLC.
- Start the VLC player
- Click on “Media” button in windows or “file” button in mac
- Select an open folder in windows or open fike in mac
- Browse the folder that contains your VOB files
- Open the selected folder for playing the files.
Method 2:- By using MPC-HC (Windows only)
- Check whether you are running a 32 bit or 64-bit windows.
- Reach out the MPC-HC website
- Click on the link of the installer according to your version of windows.
- Make your installer RUN and follow the steps.
- Start MPC-HC after installing it.
- Select a quick open file from the drop-down menu of the file.
- Browse the folder containing VOB files.
- Choose “VIDEO_TS .ifo” file and open it.
Method 3:- using a plex media server
- Download makeMKV on your computer.
- RUN the MKV installer and follow the steps.
- Start makeMKV on your computer.
- Tap on the open file button.
- Browse the folder containing VOB files.
- Choose the “VIDEO_TS.ifo” file and open it.
- Select the title of your wish.
- Start the process of remixing.
- Now add the MKV to the plex library.
Method 4:- Burning VOB to DVD
- Download ImgBurn.
- RUN the setup program and start ImgBurn.
- Select from menu “write files/folders to disc”.
- Click on the button “Browse the folder”
- Select your VIDEO_TS folder and then tap on the calculate button.
- Insert the recommended disc type.
- Click on the options tab
- Choose “ISO9660 + UDF”from the file system.
- Click on the labels tab
- Enter a label in the “ISO9660” field and click the copy button next to it.
- Click on the build button and play the burned DVD.
How to open a VOB file in android
This process can be done with the following easy steps:
- Firstly install the wonderShare player from the Google Play in the android device.
- After installing the wonderShare player open it tap on the local menu and then on the gear icon for opening settings.
- On the next page, search out the decoding option and then click on it.
- Then in the decoding mode option, you will find the number of file formats that are been supported by the wonderShare player
- At last look for the VOB file format and click on it and then select the auto and that’s it.
- Now your android device is ready to open the VOB format files.