What is a XLS file?
XLS file is a spreadsheet file form by Microsoft Office Excel or sent out by another spreadsheet file. It might contain at least one worksheets, which can be utilized to store and show information in a table configuration. In the XLS file, one may also store numerical function, diagrams, styles, and sizes.
Microsoft Office Excel files use a proprietary format for storing Microsoft Office Excel documents. This file format is also known as Binary Interchange File Format (BIFF). This file format was primary until Office Open XML format was introduced with Microsoft Office Excel 2007. Most of the Excel files are now saved in the Open Office XML format, with an. XLXS file extension.
- Data inside all the office document files are stored in fixed-sizestreams.
- Several sector allocation tables describe the location of each fixed-size stream.
- These streams restrain meta-data informationabout the records. Such as the author name, individual sheet names, and subject.
- XLS files can also be opened by the Microsoft Excel viewerand Open Office.
How to open the XLS file?
In the Android device
XLS is a default file type for Microsoft Excel Files. To manage the spreadsheet on the android device, we may use Google Drive or by installing the application designed to read XLS file on the android device.
The choice for better option depends upon whether the data present in the document needed to be synced between multiple devices or manage data exclusively on personal smartphones.
The following are the steps to be followed to open the XLS file in an Android device:
- Upload the XLS file from the computer database to Google Drive. The mobile version of Google Drive does not allow you to upload files from the personal android device.
- Open the android device’s browser and navigate to Google Drive, it will automatically detect the android device’s browser and direct you to the web app version of Google Drive.
- Tap on the XLS file to open it. Now you can view the spreadsheet data and even edit it directly from your phone.
In Mac OS X
Mac din’t have any program to open XLS files, although spreadsheet software programs made for Mac can handle XLS files, including Apple’s iWork Numbers, a Mac version of Microsoft Excel, and OpenOffice’s spreadsheet. One must purchase Numbers and Excel to use them on the Mac; OpenOffice is a free program.
There are three ways to open XLS files in the Mac device, and the following steps will help you to open the XLS file in the Mac Devices.
To open in Numbers:
- Download the software through follow the fully instruction which is mention on screen.
- Click on numbers in the box.
- Just click Open an existing File and then click XLS file you want to open.
To open in Excel:
- Install the software on the Mac Device after purchase the software.
- Just click on excel in the dock to open the software in your system.
- Then click on file of the menu bar, select open, and click XLS file you want to open on the Mac device.
To open in OpenOffice Calc :
- Download and Install Apache Open Office from website.
- Click on the applications and select OpenOffice.
- Just click on spreadsheets to open Calc.
- Click file in the number, and double-click on the name of the XLS file you want to open.
How to Convert an XLS File?
If anyone already using one of the spreadsheet programs we’ve previously mentioned, converting is simplest via opening the XLS file in that curriculum and then saving it to an apart format. This is by far the intense way to convert XLS files to other formats like CSV, PDF, XPS, TXT, XLM, XLSX, PRN, and other similar arrangements.
If you are not having an XLS editor installed, or you do not want to install the editor, then by using a free document converter is an alternative option. Zamzar is one of the examples of a free online XLS file converter that converts XLS to MDB, ODS, and others, including image formats like JPG and PNG.
If your XLS file has the data that you need in an open structured format, the Mr. Data Converter online tool is a feasible option for converting the XLS or CSV directly to XML, JSON, or several other similar configurations.
How to Unlock an XLS or Crack an XLS Password?
The XLS files can be easily protected by a password using an application like Excel. You can also use the same program for removing the password. However, what you can do if you have forgotten the password of your XLS file? A free password recovery tool can be used for unlocking the XLS file that was protected with a password. You can try one free tool that should find the password of an XLS file is the free Word and Excel password recovery. Although not free, the Excel Password Recovery Lastic is another option.