Any file having SVG file extension is mostly a Scalable Vector Graphics file. Files in SVG file format use XML-based text file format to explain how the image should appear. As the text will explain the graphics, an SVG file can scale to various sizes without losing its quality. That’s the reason why website and print graphics are often built-in SVG file format, so they should get resized to fit it in the different designs in the future.
When an SVG file gets compressed with the GZIP compression, the file will end up with the.SVGZ file extension and it could retain from 50 percent to 80 percent smaller in size. Files with the SVG file extension are not related to the graphics format instead saved as the Game Files—games such as Return to Castle and much other autosave the game files in the SVG file format.
Different Methods to Open SVG file
Method 1: On Mac
As we know, so many methods are available there to open SVG files on Mac but still, all of them may not work as the users have to face some challenges while viewing the SVG file on Mac.
To overcome these challenges, we had found a great tool that permits you to view the SVG file on Mac. And here we talk about SVG Viewer. The software is completely free of cost and permits the user to view the file on Mac easily. By using the software, you can easily open and export the SVG file on Mac. Here we can experience the same quality of the image, which we expect the same as the original one.
Steps to Open SVG File on Mac
- Firstly, install SVG Viewer and then drag and drop the image file in the drop area.
- SVG file will automatically get rendered for us to open it instantly.
- Then download the SVG file in its original file format.
Steps to Open SVG File on Android
- Firstly, we need to make the right click on the drawable.
- Then click on the new button.
- After that, select a vector asset and click on it.
It finds to be a very short and simple rule to open the SVG file. Suppose the photo gets available in the system and then select the local SVG file. Then select the image file path, and then if you need to change the size of that image file, you can select the option.
In this manner, the specific image gets imported into the android studio project. Then you need more images, repeat the same process.
Steps to Open SVG File on Windows
The number of applications available can easily open in any web browser to open the SVG file in windows.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Third-party browsers
Also, SVG files can open in Adobe applications like Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player 17, Coreldraw Graphics Suite X7, Inkscape, CAD soft tools, etc., so there are several other options that you can select any one of them for your better experience to open the SVG file in Windows.
Steps to Open SVG File In Photoshop
Before starting the process of opening the file, you must be aware of all things you will need to open the file in your system. The system must consist of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Now we will look at the steps:
- Firstly, launch the Adobe Illustrator and then open the SVG file you wish to open in Photoshop.
- Then from the “file” menu option, select the “Save As” command. And then, from the “Save As Type” menu, select the “Illustrator EPS” and then click on the “Save” button.
- Then in the EPS Options dialog box, click on the OK button. Make sure not to change any of the default settings.
- Then Launch Adobe Photoshop and then open the EPS file that got saved in the Adobe Illustrator. On performing this action “Rasterize Generic EPS Format” dialog box will open, and then click on the OK button.
Steps to Open SVG File In Illustrator
To open the SVG file in illustrator, we can use the online conversion tool to open the file in Adobe Illustrator. To do this, we should follow these steps:
- Upload SVG File
To upload the SVG file select the file from the system, URL, Dropbox, Google Drive, or drag and drop method.
- Choose the “AI” option.
To open the SVG file in illustrator, we will select AI. Or rather than this, we can also use any other file format we feel is suitable. Adobe Illustrator supports 200 + file formats.
- Download Adobe Illustrator
Please wait for your SVG file to convert in the AI file format and then download it. The process shows how we can open the SVG file in Adobe Illustrator.
How to View the SVG File
To view the SVG file, you can get Universal File Viewer. So download it on your system and then install it to open or view the SVG file. This software makes the process of opening and viewing the SVG file very quick and easy.
Steps to Convert SVG File to eps file
The two most popular image formats prove to be the easiest to convert SVG files in either JPG OR PNG. Converting an SVG file with the help of any online tool becomes the easiest and the quickest method.
- By using these particular tools, you can convert the file in any file format of your choice. But here, we will focus on only the online tool that should be very good to give you the required output.
- Another tool used to convert the SVG file is “Autotracer.org” it permits us to convert the file in some other various file formats like EPS, SK, PDF, DFX, Adobe Illustrator, etc. to convert the SVG file into JPG or some other file formats several tools are available there you can select them of the choice that suits you and convert your file.